Mandala Training is a work-study program that introduces our vision, our approach to the study and practice of Buddhism, and our way of life.
For more than 40 years the Nyingma Mandala Community in America has practiced the teachings of the Nyingma Buddhist lineage. Guided by the vision of its founding Head Lama, Tarthang Tulku, we have developed a unique model for how to practice Dharma in these times.
The MTP is a six-month residential program, intended for individuals who want to know more about what it means to live in a Dharma community focused on accomplishment.
You do not have to be a Buddhist or a practitioner in the Nyingma tradition of Buddhism to participate as a student in the MTP. However, you should have an interest that is more than casual or experimental.
Here are the basics:
- 6 months in duration and requires dedicated, full-time participation.
- When you complete the MTP, you can enter a second 18-month program (MTP 2), taking on greater responsibility in the community and working with senior students to deepen your practice.
- Students who complete MTP 2 can apply to join the residential program.
- First Cohort: January 2017
- Room and board are provided as part of the program.
If you think you might be interested in the MTP, please read the material available through the MTP Menu on this page, and take a look at the websites of our Mandala Organizations.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org